The Sourdough Club is the Sourdough School community. Run as a Social Enterprise teaching baking as Lifestyle Medicine. The Club is run in accordance with the values of The Sourdough School and is part of our The Systems Change Programme.
The Club, rated 5 * by the Telegraph, is the most comprehensive Sourdough Course online, but more than this the lessons and the recipes adhere to The Sourdough School Bread Protocol of baking to nourish the Gut microbiome, to improve both physical and mental health.
There are various types of courses that we offer:
- Club Memberships – these are our core membership and are open to all to join. These are available as 3 month, 6 month, 12 month and unlimited memberships and start at £99 plus a monthly membership fee.
- Social Prescription Baking as Lifestyle Medicine Courses
- Kit & Course – stand alone prescription courses with a bread making kit
- Mini Courses – short stand alone informative courses focused on one topic
- Certified & In-Person Courses – 1 and 2 year programmes to train bakers and healthcare providers to teach, or prescribe baking as Lifestyle run from The Sourdough School
There are over 400 posts and video’s and 150 recipes spanning the last decade of teaching – so it is like having us in the kitchen with you. This is supported by myself and the team everyday day on a very active learning forum, and this course also compliments my books – and our gorgeous club has been rated 5* by the Telegraph. Our online course material is created here at The School which has been acknowledged as being in the top 3 courses in the UK by The Sunday Times
- The aim: Our membership is apply lifestyle medicine including nutritional evidence to the bread we bake to feel well. We teach you to bake bread for optimal health; with recipes & techniques that reduce bloating, balance blood sugar, you can bake bread that helps manage your weight, supports gut health and improves your mood.
- The focus: Bread and the symbiotic relationship between fermentation, the role of microbes, gut health, and wellness.
- The method: Transforming evidence-based research into recipes and bread-making techniques, tips and advice in plain English.
- Who: anyone at all, beginners and intermediate bakers, who are interested in learning to baking healthy and nutritious sourdough bread, and sourdough bakes. We also teach GPs, nutritionists, dieticians & health care professionals, or bakers who want a deeper understanding of how to make bread that positively impacts health.
Part of our philosophy is to support people who have the potential to solve community-based problems. It is about helping individuals who are willing to take on the risk and effort to create positive changes in society through their initiatives. I believe that this practice is a way to connect my life’s purpose of sharing knowledge to change our bread for the better.
A radically different approach to learning to bake, eat and share artisan bread and baked goods, to support physical and mental health. Become part of an active baking community with multiple live face-to-face weekly sessions. Learn at your own pace whilst being supported by Vanessa and a multidisiplinary team of bakers and healthcare practitioner
For every new full price Community Membership subscription we give away multiple bursary memberships as part of our Systems Change Programme.
We offer a social discount of £500 off our Platinum Unlimited Community Membership. There are limited numbers but they are for people who are making a make a difference in the world. Our courses are about health, not just your health but the wider health and wellness of our communities. We can make a real difference by applying and sharing knowledge.
We have calculated that during 2022 we have given away £150k worth of Sourdough School and Sourdough Club places – that is more than twice our annual turnover!