What is a bake for health membership?
Learn how bread can positively impact health & wellness, reduce bloating, support gut health, help manage weight, balance blood sugar and improve mood.
The Club is where we share the knowledge of how to bake the breads that we teach on our Nutrition & Digestibility of Bread courses at the Sourdough School.
We apply the evidence to the way we approach our recipes, applying nutritional, medical and lifestyle evidence to our techniques of baking bread for optimal health.
Who would this membership appeal to?
We teach GPs, Nutritionists, Dieticians and Health Care Professionals to understand bread, gut health & the impact on both physical and mental health – so if you are interested in baking bread to optimise your health then you will enjoy the Club.
Why are the number of memberships limited?
The membership numbers are limited because we provide support and guidance to our members in a live forum. Yes this is about learning to make sourdough bread, but not all bread is created equal. This is about making the most nutritious bread, and making this a central part of your lifestyle. Changing your approach to your most basic food and understanding how your sourdough can improve your gut health, weight management and mental health, and improve the way you feel. You can either:
- Follow our living syllabus. The course is structured with a week by week lesson plan but there are new recipes and tutorials added in real time throughout the year.
- Or you can use the Club as library of teaching resources and support and just enjoy the community and content.
Application to join
- Applications are now open and the next intake is in starts 2021
- Please apply and book now, and we will review your application and if accepted then you will then have access to the syllabus and the Club level membership, and will be informed in an email. If you are not successful your payment will be refunded.
How does it work?
Note atet This is a self guided structured course with lessons, tutorials, recipes, detailed videos, and a paced pathway so you can bake every week over a year and, in the same way I was once taught on my apprenticeship, I will build your confidence, prioritising understanding and knowledge. This is the most comprehensive course you can do online as a guided learning pathway, and you will join our private support group, our community, on the Forum.
You will learn how to:
- Make healthy sourdough bread
- Why you must choose wholegrain
- The differences between roller milled & stoneground flour
- How to refresh, maintain and connect to your starter
- When it matters to change your starter into a chocolate or sweet starter
- The mechanisms to control fermentation, and digestibility
- How to bake to suit your schedule
- How milling your own flour increases nutrition and diversity
- All about Botanical Blend flour
- Why your gut microbiome is important
- What to do when things go wrong with your bakes
- The flavour and nutritional properties of heritage grains, including Einkorn, Emmer, Spelt and Khorasan
- Mixing, shaping, scoring and baking techniques
- To assess and recalibrate your baking
- To get a wonderful open honeycomb crumb structure
- Use up left over starter to make every day easy
You will practice not just to bake sourdough but to apply knowledge and you will be guided along a syllabus that builds your baking skills up with recipes that include:
- High hydration sourdough boules
- Sourdough Brioche
- 10 minute sourdough technique
- Sourdough fizz
- Cultured butter
- Pickles & Compotes & Soups to eat your bread with
…and of course by the end of the program you will be baking beautiful open crumb boules both light flavoured French style Pain De Campagne and those lovely tangy San Francisco style open crumb boules. The first year is £1259…and if you would like to stay we have included the option of a reduced monthly Alumni members fee of £19.99 a month there after.
Is there any support?
Yes we have a very active forum that we help and feed back to you on, and Vanessa does regular live clinics that you can ask direct questions to her about the recipes and anything that is not covered on Thursday evenings.