- Health – our Baking Protocol has been developed over 20 years and you can see an overview of our case studies here
- 100’s of baking tutorials tips, techniques and inspiration to learn to bake nutritious sourdough
- Do more than just bake – learn the science of how to eat and share bread with our baking and lifestyle medicine tasks.
- 150 + lessons such as getting to know your starters
- An amazing amount of knowledge to improve your health with our lessons in knowing your ingredients
- Hundreds of recipes: not just bread, but eating and sharing recipes
- Proven results from the Protocol of Baking as Lifestyle Medicine
- Live expert support and feedback and guidance in our live weekly sessions
- You are supported by our Sourdough School team of in-house health professionals
- Gain access to the libraries, including our master and classic sourdough recipes, with new recipes added regularly.
- Weekly (term time) Live members Q & A sessions with Vanessa
- Slow it down with our retarded recipes
- Learn to bake Sweet Sourdough
- Learn to make amazingly easy, healthy and delicious pizzas
- Improve your gut microbiome with our symbiotic eating recipes designed to nourish your gut.
- Read in greater detail the research behind each recipe and how they will nourish your gut microbiome.
- You can learn how to use and mill your own flour
- Proper help and support when things don’t go right
- Enjoy in-depth features on grains such as spelt, rye and other heritage grains.
- Get a better understanding with access to a comprehensive glossary.
- You become part of a community and interact with other members in our friendly forum with over 700 + members active.
- Live how to use Bread as Therapy sessions
- Live Q & A sessions with our in-house Nutritionist & our in-house GP, Wellbeing Expert and Life Coach
- You get to attend live webinars with Vanessa and guests.
- Share your bakes and get reposted on the Club Instagram accounts with over 500,000 followers on our social media channels
- Enjoy Club members discounts.
- Take part in our heath discussions
- Be first to get news, exclusive competitions and give-aways.
- Gain access to exclusive articles by Vanessa Kimbell on sourdough and gut health.
- Be inspired with our baking magazine with tips, offers, articles and more.
- All our work is evidence based and you can read the studies with a plain English explanation of what the science means here in the research library
Our daily bread should help, not harm, health
One thins we are serious about is that things need to change. The food we eat is being dominated by global companies who produce food, and bread that is harming human health and the planet. This has to stop.
When you become a member you are are joining a food justice movement.
We have a passion for disruption
The thin is that you can learn to bake for free, anywhere, and there are thousands of free recipes, courses and tutorials online to learn to make sourdough, but this isn’t about big holes in your bread. Our Club is about social change, and you will learn through a structured evidence based Protocol, developed over 20 years, how to bake eat and share bread as Lifestyle Medicine.
You get to talk with us, and interact. You can speak to experts, in health, and nutrition and in baking.
It is about belonging and finding your tribe.
When you care you can sometimes feel like you are the only one. The food industry and the power dynamic wants us to give up, roll over and accept that we get ill. We do not accept that this is inevitable and we will be introducing you to other people who feel the same.
You will also be actively involved with influencing an alternative relationships of bread production, distribution, preparation, and consumption. In addition, as part of a social movements you start by learning to make your own bread, and feeding your family. Food activism starts in the kitchen table, but you will be actively involved in our goals and strategies to mobilize and challenge the structuring forces that generate and reproduce inequalities in the food system.
What your fees are used for
We are a social enterprise and we re-invest your subscription to producing more lessons, and an amazing systems change programme. Our mission is to empower people to optimise the nutritional value of our staple food for social equality, whist reducing the environmental damage of the current global agricultural systems – and bake amazing mind blowingly great bread too.